The NSW Government is launching a shared equity scheme for eligible participants, paying a proportion of the property purchase price in exchange for equivalent ownership share of the property. No repayments will be required on the equity contribution, no rent, no interest charged whilst remaining eligible for the scheme. Voluntary reparents can be made to progress to full ownership of the property by participant.
The Shared Equity Scheme is open to eligible first home buyers who are single parent, older singles and to keyworkers. The Scheme is planned to begin January 2023.
For more information go to: https://www.nsw.gov.au/housing-and-construction/shared-equity-scheme?
The Government announced to do more to help ease entry barriers, putting home ownership in reach for more Australian’s.
- The Government will be expanding the Home Guarantee Scheme for eligible home buyers to 50,000 places per year;
- New Home Guarantee will run for a second year, enabling first home purchasers to build a new home or purchase a newly built home with a 5% deposit;
- First Home Loan Deposit Scheme will be available to 10,000 more eligible applicants, requiring a 5% deposit to secure a home;
- New Regional Home Guarantee will be established to 10,000 places for eligible applications to purchase or build new homes in regional Australia with 5% deposit;
- Number of places under Family Home Guarantee aimed at supporting single parents with dependent children in purchasing a family home, is said to be doubled;
- First Home Super Scheme to help boost savings for the first home, building a deposit within superannuation and providing a tax cut
PEXA Property and Mortgage insights reports that buyers splashed out on Australian property, summing to a total of $688.7B. The value of sale settlements jumped nationally by $251.0B, being an increase of 57.3% on 2020.
Few key factors to consider……
Purchase price and affordability is a major factor when buying an investment property. Know whether your investment property will accumulate neutral or positive cashflow. Less income spent potentially allows for the property portfolio to build and grow faster.
Location…..whether purchasing your investment property city base or regional, consider an area which gives people a reason to live there, offering easy access for commuters, public transport, school, medical services and a robust economy.
The new $470 million Maitland Hospital is to open to patients Wednesday 19th January 2022. The hospital will meet the growing region health needs for Maitland and the community of the surrounding suburbs of the Hunter Valley.
Despite lockdowns, property market activities and prices continue to climb. Property listed are seeing record views with buyers moving fast in order to be successful. Buyer demand for property remains strong and is continuing to push prices higher.
Investors are responsible for the growing demand, with First Home Buyers winding back.
The slightest variance in interest rates can make a difference, in thousands of dollars over the life of a home loan.
Compare mortgage rates and keep tabs on whether interest rates are trending up or down. With competitive rates and affordable payment terms looking for the best interest rates may save you money.
Reminder that as from the 1st August 2021, thresholds will revert to the previous parameters:
- New Homes valued less than $650,000, full exemption from transfer duty applies
- New Homes valued between $650,000 and $800,000, concessional rate of duty applies
- Vacant Land valued less than $350,000 full exemption from transfer duty
- Vacant Land valued between $350,000 and $450,000 concessional rates of duty applies
- Existing Homes, thresholds remain unchanged.
The Reserve Bank has left the official interest rate at a record low of 0.1% for the eighth month running, after meeting on the 6th July 2021. While there is no change to the cash rate target, the RBA has signaled that a rise may still come a little earlier than first indicated.
Government announced it’s approach is to enable banks to lend to people who have not be able to save a house loan deposit.
First Home Buyers 5% Scheme, rebranded as New Home Guarantee for 10,000 eligible First Home Buyers.
New Family Home Guarantee is designed to assist eligible single parents buy a home with a 2% deposit.
Expanding the FHSSS (First Home Super Save Scheme) as from July 2022, eligible First Home Buyers will be able to withdraw “top up’s” made into their superannuation.